Rendez-vous 2019 is pleased to offer four scholarships to assist in attending the 38th International Calligraphy Conference. The conference will be held from June 29-July 6, 2019 at Bishop’s University in Sherbrooke, Québec.
Each scholarship is $950.00 CAD to be applied towards Rendez-vous 2019 full-week conference fees (either one five-day class or two half-week classes). The scholarship does not cover transportation to, from, or at the event, nor does it cover personal expenses.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant should not have received any other scholarship for this event.
- Applicant must complete the application package in its entirety.
- Applicant must submit three examples of recent artwork demonstrating their skill in calligraphy and/or related arts.
- Applicant must submit application form plus all required material to email@example.com by April 19, 2019.
Please note that current volunteers for the event, the instructors, and their respective family members are not eligible for this scholarship.
Personal statement, to include:
- A biography (between 250 to 500 words) including your current and past studies in calligraphy or related arts, as well as your interests.
- Your reasons for applying, including your need for financial assistance.
- Three examples of recent artistic creations demonstrating skill in calligraphy or related arts.
- Images must be sent as JPGs, no larger than 1 MB.
- If the recipient is not already registered for Rendez-vous 2019, they must do so by paying the $125 CAD deposit.
- The scholarship recipient acknowledges that they will pay the balance of funds due to Rendez-vous 2019 upon reception of acceptance of the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient is responsible for all cancellation fees as well as reimbursement of scholarship funds if unused for their intended purpose.
- The scholarship recipient is required to donate, within the framework of the silent auction for the benefit of Dancing Letters, a personal artistic creation.
- The scholarship recipient accepts that their name will be disclosed but that the contents of their application will be kept confidential